Thursday, August 28, 2008

Silent Auction #1 (of 2)


This is one of my very favorite posts by Nie Nie:

Basket-head mother, not I!

Sometimes life feels this way.
I really enjoyed this quote by Anna Quindle. Elder M. Russell Ballard quoted her in my favorite talk "Author Anna Quindlen reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments.{or if I could enter here-the basket-head mother syndrome} She said: “The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”(Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11).
Starting today I am going to be better. I never had a basket-head mother, and I AM NOT GOING TO BE A BASKET-HEAD MOTHER! I am going to listen, love, communicate, cherish, enjoy, teach, preach and prepare my children. Time for everything else later.

**********************************************************

This talk by Elder M. Russell Ballard is one of my favorite talks of all time. What a great reminder that time passes too quickly, and we need to live in the moment a little more!

This wonderful post by Nie Nie was the inspiration behind the first necklace that will be auctioned:











This necklace is made from two 3/4 inch sterling silver open discs, it comes with a freshwater pearl and a dainty 18 inch sterling silver ball chain. The finish is shiny, I know it doesn't appear that way in some of the pictures.


Bids will be through the comments.
The auction will end at 10:00pm mst on Sunday, August 31st.
The winner will pay directly to the Stephanie and Christian Nielson recovery fund. Simply email me a copy of your receipt and I will ship it to you.

Thanks for helping to support a wonderful cause!

Please check out auction #2 as well!


16 comments:

Kirsty said...

I will start things at $20. So beautiful! I loved that post too.

swampbaby said...

I don't have the money to outbid everyone, but I would like to buy one for $50 and have the proceeds go to the recovery fund. Is there a way to do this?

Rosalynn said...

Swampbaby-- will you email me at rhbdesigns @ hotmail.com (with no spaces)?
Thanks!

Tasha said...

I'm in the same boat, if I could buy one for 60.00 and have the profits go to the recovery efforts, I would. adamsinhershey@yahoo.com Please email me if that is an option at all.
Tasha Adams

marleygirl said...

I would also absolutely love to have this necklace but I really cannot afford to outbid. Could I buy one for $50? It is absolutely perfect!!

Rosalynn said...

marleygirl-- can you email me? rhbdesigns @ hotmail.com (take out the spaces). Thanks!