Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Thanksgiving Spirit

The other night we decided to have a family night centered around Thanksgiving.



I had seen this great post over at Tip Junkie about Thanksgiving traditions.
One that I especially liked was the Thanks and Giving trees post from
Chocolate on my Cranium (don't you love the name of her blog?!).
We started a bit late and didn't get a chance to really work on the Giving Tree portion,
I think maybe we can do that during the month of December,
but we did do our Thanks trees.

It was interesting to see what our kids are thankful for!
My son was thankful for mostly material things-- gameboy, video games, etc. My daughter was thankful for family, church, school, and many other things along those lines.
I loved helping them think of all the things we should be thankful for!



We ended our night by making these fun turkey cookies.
No two looked the same and they were kind of messy,
but I'm sure they tasted great anyway.


I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving, and hope you are able to share the day with many friends and family!

What are your Thanksgiving traditions? And what are you thankful for during this time of the year?

P.S. Did you all see the Thanksgiving clip from Mr Nielson over at the NieNieDialogues?

0 comments: